This solution was designed to be attached to the frame, it is not to be worn by the pilot nor is it load-bearing.
There are numerous advantages of this solution:
- The overall dimensions of the single float are reduced and it is easier to install on any type of frame.
- More freedom of movement for the pilot.
- When necessary, the pilot may leave the machine without difficulty.
- More side stability in the water, it guarantees a greater chance of survival even in the event of waves or wind gusts.
- Each bag is very compact, it does not affect the aerodynamics of the paramotor.
To increase the buoyancy, more floats can be used, you can even use a third unit to be placed frontally to obtain 160x3 = 480N of bouancy, or even increase the number to use them on the trikes or tandem machines.
This flotation system is fixed to the frame with the supplied straps and velcro.
Automatic - produces opening after 3 seconds after becoming saturated, a salt fuse melts and activates the perforation mechanism of the CO2 cylinder.
Manual - pull the red handle (this handle can be hidden inside the container, in this way you can reduce the risk of accidental opening).
Emergency - inflate by blowing into the tube. There is a valve that can be used to deflate the float to fold it back into its container (activation of the automatic system of the float already inflated causes it to tear and irreversibly damage).
Each float has been airtight tested for 24 hours, built with the best materials used in airline life jackets. You can reuse it easily after replacing the CO2 canister and the salt cartridge in case of immersion.
Weight: approx 480 grams each, CO2 gas cylinder included.
Co2 cylinder 33g, medium weight between 140 to 200 grams depending on the brand.
Dimensions: round soft pack diameter 7cm x 35 cm length.
Opened: 160 liters, 50 cm height.
Buoyancy: greater than 160 N.
Please note: This device must be properly installed on the FRAME, not the harness, or damage will occur. These are not meant to be load-bearing.